Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tool #4

What an adventure I had for tool 4. I am now following all my teachers' blogs - except for a few for which the follow thingie didn't work. I'll go back tomorrow and try to follow those. I've been using Google reader for a few months now. I have some personal blogs I follow and have used Google reader to keep tabs on them without having to actually go to the blog each time.

Some of my favorites are:
Mike Falick's Blog - he is the SBISD Board of Trustees President
Penny Clarkson's blog - she is a friend and the librarian at MWE
The Suerth Family blog - 2 current MW students and one future MW student chronicling their summer
And...my all time favorite...
The Pioneer Woman - which I follow as a full RSS feed from her website

As for the Google doc...I tried to do an excel spreadsheet as an invitation and couldn't get it to work so I switched to a document. I can't figure out how to share them - how to tell them that it is there for them to do something to. I'll try some more tomorrow...I need a tutor!!

1 comment:

Mrs. K Lewis said...

I like Google Reader too. Did you know there is a really cool app for your iPhone that will sync your reader list to it? That is my new favorite way to keep up with blogs. I think I am going to have to make a personal and teaching reader so I am not so overwhelmed when I go to it.