Saturday, July 24, 2010

So..what do you do all day??

I'm counting down the days to 3 very important events:
1. moving into the transition campus
2. the teachers coming back
3. the kids coming back
And...what do you do all day when there is no one there & you are waiting for these important things to happen - I've been asked a thousand times so here goes -
clean out my email (took 3 days!), reorganize my email folders to get ready for another busy year, clean out yearly correspondence/organize it for storage/get the folders ready for the new stuff, plan inservice to begin the new year, answer the phone, find qualified applicants for open positions/contact them for screening/arrange interviews/have interviews/hire someone, read email, make the yearlong calendar, write a brand new emergency operation plan for the transition campus, go to construction meetings/answer emails about construction/think about it when I can't sleep/try to figure out where we are going to do all the things we do/send emails with my questions about construction, read blogs of teachers and other educators to get ideas as I'm planning for staff development, go to trainings for Skyward/roadmapping/love and logic/CIP entry, enter our campus improvement plan into the system, order things for the year, arrange the after school programs with the vendors, oh - did I say read email? Those are the highlights of my days. There's more but most of it is not worth mentioning!

Now - you can see why I can't wait for the teachers and kids to come back. I LOVE being in their classrooms, talking to teachers about their celebrations and their challenges, talking to kids all day long and just keeping busy with the learning world!! Can't wait!!

2 comments:

Meredith Ann Duffey-Dixon said...

The teachers and the students are blessed to have you as their principal.

Research Paper said...

Agree with you Meredith Ann Duffey-Dixon...They are really lucky..