Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tool # 6 - Wikis

My favorite wiki was from a group of 2nd graders in California...


On her wiki students are keeping electronic portfolios, working on elaborating sentences (you could see the previous versions and what they had added), doing math problems, and lots of fun interactive things.

I'm wondering if wikis can be worked on by more than one person at a time...can several be on the wiki and adding/revising/editing at the same time?

As the principal I'm thinking I could use a wiki for several things:
Campus Improvement Plan data and feedback
Planning events with a committee
I'm still thinking about how this would be better than some of the other tools I've learned about.

1 comment:

Mrs. Manchester said...

"Hello, again"! I think you have to give permission to people to have access to edit your Wiki. I'm wanting to attach our shared newsletter from Google Docs (attaching a stored doc is not a problem) and may end up contacting Karen.