Friday, July 2, 2010

Tool # 5 - tags and bookmarking

I'm not sure I will use either of the bookmarking sites much - it seemed like a lot of work. However, when thinking about keeping my bookmarks organized by topics with tags I'm thinking it might be good...just no time to set it all up.

As frequently happens, when I started following tags and finding other blogs with other tags, the time flew by and I spent a few hours on this. I did find 2 to post.

Cool Garden Things - I've spent the last 3 days redoing our tiny garden in Crested Butte. I went out to the 'wilderness' and found rocks to edge the garden. We found lots of rock slides up Spring Creek road with beautiful quartz filled granite. We took a 70 mile trip that took 4 1/2 hours as the roads were so bumpy and dusty, but the scenery was well worth it....back to gardening. I planted poppies, daises, catmint, indian blankets, shasta daisies and some stuff I don't know the name of. There are 5 ready to open blooms on the iris. I'm waiting for them to open before taking a picture. It looked so pretty - until we stuck the red-white-blue and silver Walmart windmill in it this afternoon!

And a summer resolution...eating better, not dieting, cleaning up my food, food that's good for me...lead me to this great resource for finding locally grown food. I'm hoping that when I get back in Houston I'll be able to keep up with this. It is expensive and a LOT of work to eat food that is not processed or full of icky chemicals and, even ickier - sugar, sugar, sugar. I watched Food, Inc and - oh, dear - my poor child...who knew????

How will I use all this for school? Hmmmm...I'll think about that in August.

2 comments:

Patricia Economides said...

Okay, so I am just realizing...do I title the blog with the tool number? Quite a learning process.

Meg Lee said...

Just thought you might want to know about Greenpeace USA since you watched Food Inc... When I was in California there were volunteers/representatives from greenpeace, at the local farmers' market, requesting community members call about the chemical plants in the area of LA. So many of them use harmful chemicals and have safer alternatives.